I held on to a story card and paired with different developer each day. The domain that this story affects turned out to be the worst part of the application so each day I did a bit of clean-up and refactoring. The story dragged on a bit but I managed to make steady progress.
Since this is a .NET project, there are SQL server and IIS server to run on the laptop. After figuring out how to start and stop the service from the command, I wrote two Ruby driver class for them in the hotel room and checked them into BuildMaster.
So now I have a script that I can call to stop both service with:
services.rb stopand all it does is:
services = [
].each do |service|