Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Thoughts of the Day

This person posted a blog with the following content, then posted another blog saying he just deleted it and made the apology. Several weeks later, he posted another blog saying he is quitting.

I don't know the details, but I swear to agile god that I would rather quit than have this happen on my team.

It doesn’t bring any benefit , Pardon I asked stunned to hear the response I reeled in surprise as I took in what I was being told I mentally backed up a bit so in effect the team lead on a high value project was telling me not to worry and more to the point it was unlikely that anyone at least anyone on his team would ever worry about refactoring a piece of code I had come across because it worked and it was unlikely we would ever need to change it!

I wanted to say but its wrong , its bad code but I didn’t I stood there and said oh ok I understand and I walked away and sat back down and carried on letting my fingers fly across the keyboard trying hard to block out the bad code screaming at me form the other file.

No comments: